Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton is committed to improving the health of our community by providing exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital – Milton is seeking a part-time, Exercise Physiologist to work in Cardiac Rehabilitation. Under the supervision of the Director, the Exercise Physiologist is responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating the exercise component of the program and for reviewing patient history, presenting lectures and performing exercise prescriptions. This is a part-time position, 8 hours per week, Monday and Wednesday from 7am-11am.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews intake evaluation, become familiar with patient profiles
- Review exercise history and results, discuss pertinent patient history with other cardiovascular rehab program staff
- Performs exercise prescriptions and provide patient with guidelines to be followed at home
- Organize exercise equipment schedules and supervises on site exercise prescription and patient’s response to exercise
- Review patient progress on a regular basis, evaluating compliance with exercise prescription and documenting patient response to exercise.
- Communicates with the Program Director, Medical Director and/or Registered Nurse on a regular basis
- Minimum Education: B.S. Exercise Science/Physiology
- ACSM registered clinical exercise physiologist or Certified Rehabilitation Exercise Specialist or Licensed Physical Therapist
- Previous experience of at least 1-2 years in adult fitness and/or cardiac rehabilitation programs
- Current certification in Basic Life Support with American Heart Association
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably be required.
To apply: go to bidmilton.org and look under the Employment tab